After the beach, we stopped at the community pool for a little bit. This was neat because they had a kiddie pool that was 1 1/2 feet deep. It was perfect for Reece who ran back and forth. Cailey felt comfortable playing in it and Mommy could sit in it with them. There was also a large pool and spa. The girls had a blast spending these last moments with their cousins before we headed back to home.
On Mommy's only day off this week, we got up early and went to her Aunt Lori's house. There, we met up with her Aunt Pam and Madison and along with Katherine as well and went to the beach. We had been to the beach, just once, last year with Aunt Lori and Katherine. Reece was still a baby at the time, rolling over and laying on a blanket all day. Today was a different story. Mommy was so excited to see how the girls would react. Cailey was so excited to go that it was all she talked about on the drive down there. Reece loved sitting in the sand and playing. Madison and Cailey played near the water for most of the day and Reece made Katherine her buddy. It was a beautiful day, in the high 70's with a nice breeze. Perfect summer day.
Mommy found some paints we had gotten awhile ago and decided that would be on our summer list: finger painting. Mommy came home from work last night with 2 pieces of butcher paper and a plan. After we went for a walk with Shannon and Brooklyn, we came home, ate breakfast and went outside to get a little messy and finger paint. Cailey was so excited, she could hardly stand it. She kept asking when it would be time to go outside. After a little hesitation, about getting their hands dirty, they were off and running, having a good ol' time. Reece was over it when she tried to eat it( non toxic!) and it didn't taste good. She had more fun in the play house. Cailey was in heaven.
1. Today has been a very eventful day so far. We went for a walk( something that has definitely been lacking), finger painted, ate lunch and now the girls are napping AT THE SAME TIME! Yay for small victories.
2. Tomorrow is Mommy's only day off this week. The girls and I are headed to the beach with some Aunties and cousins.
3. In addition to doing this blog on a regular basis for the girls, I have been tossing around the idea of taking a picture with them, every day for a year and putting them all on one page. I know a couple people who have attempted this. Should I start now or wait until the new year? I am thinking now....
4. Remember.... 3 more payments and the Tahoe is mine. Now watch, something really expensive will break on it.
5. Work is now requiring that I take all my vacation weeks. Next year will be 10 years in for me and that means 3 weeks vacation time. Now the real question.... do I break it up or take almost a month off, in a bulk of time?...... with personal days, I can make it 4 uninterrupted, paid weeks.
6. With the talk of vacation time, I want to plan a vacation for next year. Somewhere new.... maybe tropical, maybe not.... any suggestions?
7. My SIL, Stacy, came over this weekend and went through all my baby clothes. She took what she wanted for her bun in the oven, Cheyenne and I am still left with a butt load. I am going to look into donating them but I think it will break my heart to get rid of them. It's the last of the baby stuff I have.....well besides the crib that Reece still sleeps in.
8. Jogging stroller, double umbrella, or none.... ? That is the question.
9. I have a bike in the garage I would love to ride. It has some flat tires and my butt is way to large for the seat but it's mine and I would like to use it. I need to look into getting a trailer to put the girls in so we can all go for bike rides, with Shannon, Dustin and miss B too!
10. I cleaned out my closet this week and rid myself of all my maternity clothes. No more fat crutch. On days that I am feeling fat, have gained weight, or just want to be comfortable I am going to have to wear real clothes. Good-bye elastic waists, stretchy shirts and baggy pants. I will miss you.
Ready to potty train or not? She knows when she goes potty and will often stick her hand down her diaper (EWWW!). Mommy was doing laundry and she tried to put on Caileys panties. Two pairs at once. Once she turns 18 months, we are going to give it a shot and see what happens.
Reece is a runner. Now when I say this, I don't mean marathons. For example, when we leave to go anywhere, she will follow Cailey and I out to the car. I usually put Cailey in first and Reece will wait on the grass.... that is until she sees I am going to shut the door. Then she takes off. She runs back to the front door and backs up against it, laughing. She loves to be chased and will take off when you try to change her diaper or clothes. While making dinner the other night, she was underfoot. I told her I was going to get her and she ran and hid under the bar, behind the bar stools. I tickled her and she gave the funniest scrunched up laugh and grin. So cute, and lucky mommy had the camera on the counter.
This is something I am so jealous of! My friend Jackie called to talk diets and such, ya know, things girls who have had multiple babies talk about and she brought up this- http://inspiredresults.blogspot.com/. It is a friend of hers who gets her produce at a co-op and it looks amazing! Bountiful Basket doesn't have spots in California and I have to say I am so jealous because I would totally try it out.
and Mommy keeps reminding him he's old. :) Since you only turn 30 once, Mommy went all out with a surprise, friends party for Daddy. Now I really shouldn't say friends party because there was some family there but I know Daddy wanted to do something with all of his friends there. Mommy organized all of the guys to go to SB Raceway and race. Genius i guess because they all LOVED it. After racing, they all came to a pizza place we love for, what else but pizza and beer. Um because pizza, beer and racing = a pretty damn good birthday. Mommy also ordered a pretty rad cake too. On Daddy's actual birthday, we took the girls to Sea World for a day in the sun. Next time, someone needs to remind him to put on sunscreen. I was waiting for this post because I only have very few pictures from the party but, I will put up those I have and wait on the others. ( hint hint Granny :) )
and yes.... this is seriously all the pictures I took.
Kevin is an auto mechanic who works for the second largest employer in Southern California. He can fix anything, from cars to bikes to dolls. Brittany is an Assistant Manager working for the largest employer in Southern California. In her spare time she chases the girls around and tries to do as much with them as possible... and the cleaning too. Cailey is a bright little girl that will talk your ear off. She is our little princess and loves to read, dress up, play teacher, dance and watch movies. Reece is a wild little girl. We often refer to her as our little boy because she will try anything, but she is also a big cuddle bug too who loves to dance and ride her bike. Thats us, living life.
This blog is set up, purely to let family and friends know what we have been up to. It will also be made into a book yearly for our kids to enjoy and keep.