Over the weekend, we went to visit Kevin's cousin and her family that were here visiting from North Carolina. It was nice to get the kids together to play, now that they are toddlers and running around. After dinner, the adults left the little ones with the Grandma's and went to Rock the Keys. We had a blast, I lost my voice and was exhausted the next day but it was so worth it.
Last night, Cailey was sitting on the couch, naming everything that was hers. That movie is mine, that's my pillow, that's my chair, my tv, my wagon.....etc. This all started when Reece had something that was hers. Kevin- "Cailey, whats mine?" Cailey- "The couch." Kevin- " Well then get off my couch." Cailey- "No, this is my house." Kevin-" Oh really, where's the rent?" Cailey- "Here's some dollars." pretending to throw them at him
If Reece is acting like this at 15 months, I hate to see the terrible twos. She is getting better with the crying over her teeth now that the two top have broken through and the bottoms can be seen, just under her gums. BUT, now she cries when... she doesn't get the cup she wants, the one she is eyeing but couldn't tell you she wanted. She throws fits over sharing with her sister and will fight her for what she wants. This often ends in tugging matches, screaming fits for both girls at the top of their lungs, and sometimes crying. She is definatly asserting her spot in this household. Just yesterday, while at lunch with Granny and Cailey, she was sharing a drink with Cailey and was giving her such a nasty look before each drink that clearly said, back off... this is MY drink. Oh my... I hope it gets better.
The first picture is Cailey's first time at the zoo. We took her to the San Diego Zoo, by herself, just after Reece was born. It was the first time for our whole family. We had been to the Wild Animal Park, but for some reason....never the zoo. The bottom picture is her at the zoo in Texas in March. Its neat to see how much she changed in just a year, from a toddler to a little girl.
Today I am thankul for my job. In this economy when unemployment is at almost 15% in Riverside county, I am thankful that I have a job that is steady and surviving in these tough times. They made some cuts to prepare for what looks like it may be another rough couple of years. Time is the only thing that will tell how the future will turn out, but today I am thankful for that.
1. Today is shaping up to be a day of being busy with a lot of errands and nothing. By nothing, I really mean cleaning the house. This is a neverending chore.
2. Dry cereal is becoming a big hit in our house. The girls love to sit on our bed with a baggy of dry cereal and eat it with their fingers. Why a baggy you ask, and not a bowl? Well the baggy helps keep everything in once place better. Reece would have a field day dumping a bowl over and over. This keeps spills to once, maybe twice. Nothing like cereal crumbs in your bed.
3. Today should be my Friday, but unfortunatly, it's not. I have to work late tonight and be back by noon tomorrow for a meeting. Yay me.
4. Dog hair is gross. I am seriously considering shaving my lab. Can you shave a lab? I suppose you can, but do people shave their labs? I am ready to because he is a hair machine.
5. Mommy is getting her hair done! Finally. Thursday, 8:30am, me, Kasie, and a gallon of bleach. I will be there!
6. Friday should hold some interesting fun. Kevin's cousin is here from NC and we are headed to Rock the Keys. Always a good time. The girls will get to hang out with Jack, Granny and Great Aunt Ginny. Fun for them.
7. The Aladdin show is going away at Disneyland in August. We are definatly taking the girls to see it before its gone. Rumored to be amazing. We shall see.
8.cailey- she wanted to type her name. So she did.
9. Reece's vocabulary is growing by the day. Here is a list of what she says: daddy, mommy, doggy, grandma, tank, tonka, sissy, bath, up, more, thank you, kiss, whats that, papa, no, yes, shoe and juice. We are working on more, but she's doing well.
Granny took Cailey to a guide dog event with her Great Aunt Ginny and Great Aunt Helen. Granny says that before they left, Cailey asked to pet the puppies again. She said to them, " Hey! Lets go Bozos!" Umm what? When asked where she learned that... her response..... Daddy.
Summer is finally here. We turn our sprinklers off in the winter because our neighbor over waters his lawn, watering ours just enough in the cold months. When it starts to get warm and our grass shows signs that it needs more water, we know its time to turn ours back on. Our kids are big water babies. They love water. Cailey has loved playing with the sprinklers since she was very young. This is Reeces first summer experience with sprinklers, since last year she was too young.
I am so excited to see and do many fun things with our girls this summer.
I swear my sweet, curious 15 month old has all of a sudden, within the past week, turned into a two year old with a horrible case of the terrible twos. I think it stems from a very bad teething episode. She is getting three molars at once. Her top left has already come through with the right about to pop at any moment. Her two bottom ones are SOOOO swollen, I don't even know how her tongue fits in there. Lets just hope this passes. Mommy and Daddy are so thrown by the sudden, long winded screaming fits that have ensued in our house over the last week. Orajel is our best friend and Mommy is about to try teething tablets. Our poor baby. We hope this passes quickly and she is out of pain.
Brooklyn turned 1 in style! Her mommy planned a wonderful, beautiful, fun Dr. Seuss party on the hottest day of the year (so far). Besides the heat, it was a wonderful day. Daddy was out of town on a fishing trip so Grandma went with us.
Kevin is an auto mechanic who works for the second largest employer in Southern California. He can fix anything, from cars to bikes to dolls. Brittany is an Assistant Manager working for the largest employer in Southern California. In her spare time she chases the girls around and tries to do as much with them as possible... and the cleaning too. Cailey is a bright little girl that will talk your ear off. She is our little princess and loves to read, dress up, play teacher, dance and watch movies. Reece is a wild little girl. We often refer to her as our little boy because she will try anything, but she is also a big cuddle bug too who loves to dance and ride her bike. Thats us, living life.
This blog is set up, purely to let family and friends know what we have been up to. It will also be made into a book yearly for our kids to enjoy and keep.