2 of us, 2 girls, 2 dogs and a birds

Monday, May 21, 2012

My first ER visit as a mom

And when I say as a mom, I mean for something other than a sick baby.  I think Cailey went to the ER for croup when she was 4 months old and we have also been for a really bad ear infection.  This was the first trip for an injury trip.  I was just getting home, like literally pulling into the driveway, when Kevin called and said Reece split her chin.  He said she was climbing on the rocks at Cailey's preschool and slipped and fell, hitting her chin on the rocks.  It bled quite a bit.  They were on their way home so once they got there, I transferred Reece to my car and took her down to the ER by my house.  When I got there it was packed but  because she was bleeding, they took her right back.  Once they got it cleaned up and stopped bleeding, it was a gouge with some tearing on the edges.  The Dr. said glue would do just fine as well as keeping any germs out while it healed.  She did great the whole time.  She let the Dr. glue it, leave the room, and then she came unglued.  Crying, in part because I think the glue stung. But overall she was so brave and did so great and we were in and out of the ER in less than an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment